In the last few weeks, the ARMY community has been shaken in a way it had never been before. The new boy group Big Hit is debuting,TXT, has ARMY Twitter in shambles all over again every couple of days, and nobody really knows how to react.
Here are a few guidelines to get a bit of sanity back into your timeline.
- Make your own choices. If you want to stan, simply support, or completely ignore the new boy group, it’s your choice. Nobody can force you to like them, nor should criticize you for supporting them.
- Be respectful. These boys are most likely for the most part minors, haven’t even debuted yet, but they are already under the scrutiny of the most intense online community. This is a very scary time for them, regardless of your opinion surrounding their priviledge.
- Send supportive messages if you wish to. Their debut is coming up, seeing nice messages from fans of another group they most likely look up to will encourage them.
- Mute their name and stage names, if you want nothing to do with them. This way you won’t have to feel pushed to support a group you don’t want to.
- Spread personal information. Predebut photos and information like their blood type are most likely obtained illegally by sasaengs, against the will of these boys. This may be part of general Kpop culture, but it doesn’t make it right.
- Make others feel bad for thinking about stanning them. Regardless of general ARMY culture of only stanning one group, there may be a “motherly” instinct towards these boys to protect them, especially for ARMY’s who couldn’t be with BTS at their debut. As said earlier, this is a choice each ARMY should make for themself, without any external pressure.
- Worry about BTS’ standing. BTS still have a lot to give us, and we still have a lot of time and money to invest in them. They aren’t going anywhere, we aren’t either. 2019 is just getting started, and we’re gearing up to make it the most legendary yet! Don’t lose hope.
- Remember these are human beings we are talking about. If you keep in mind the feelings they could have, it will be easier for everyone.
- We are a BTS only organisation. This is the only instance we will address the issue of TXT outside of any involvement they might have with BTS in the future. We are only addressing this issue because the ARMY community was strongly shaken by it last week and we wish to help.